7 March 2021

#ENDATIGAYLAWINIGERIA


Coming out to my friends and family is a huge step that Uche Maduagwu took so that he can be himself and become the person that he is. He was tired of hiding and living in a shell of himself. He took to social media to speak publicly. After announcing his sexuality reveal he took to his Instagram page a few weeks ago to speak about his experience after opening.

According to this controversial actor, he has lost many endorsement deals, all movie roles, and even lost friends and he is now asking people to join him to embark on a peaceful protest to put an end to anti-gay law in Nigeria. 

I am excited that he is able to come but as we all know, his safety is now at stake! I am literally scared for him because he wants to embark on a journey that can cost him his life. The situation of the Lekki toll gate is still fresh and we vividly remember how peaceful protesters were shot at point-blank! Now imagine an LGBTQ Protest! Typing it alone makes me scared of the letters. I remembered during the #EndSARS protesters, we used the medium to peacefully talk about #LGBTQLIVESMATTERS but to my utmost surprise, I got threatened to dare it after the #EndSARS movement and see what will happen. That alone still make me hid in my shell. 

Post a Comment

Mo The Girl Child © . Design by FCD.